PURPOSE: Properties Team shall give oversight to the present and future maintenance and care of Church facilities and grounds.
This team shall be composed of five (5) members, one of whom the team will select to serve on the Leadership Team.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Elected to serve four (4)-year terms.
- Work with the designated staff position with primary responsibility for day-to-day operations.
- Inspect church property and equipment (other than office and computer equipment) periodically and maintain as needed. Responsible to insure repairs completed and equipment replaced as outlined by a plan.
- Conduct, at least annually, a physical inventory of church furnishings and equipment.
- Assist the Director of Operations in plans and budgets for maintenance and repairs, remodel projects, utilities and vehicle maintenance. Responsible to insure plans and budgets are implemented and carried out as agreed.
- With the Director of Operations, administer/oversee the necessary maintenance and repair work.
- Carry out other property-related tasks such as special projects that require development, approval and follow through.
- Help develop and oversee ministry partners serving on various teams.
- Knowledge/experience in one or more areas related to facilities maintenance, electrical engineering, energy management, construction, landscaping/grounds care.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity.
- Have a good reputation within and outside the Church.
- Be a member of the Church for at least two years.
- Practice tithing.
- Be an active member of a Church Community Group.
- Participate regularly in corporate worship.
- Demonstrate service to the Church.