Church Clerk (Corporate Secretary)
PURPOSE: The Clerk (Secretary of the Corporation) is an elected corporate officer who oversees the preparation and maintenance of a faithful record of business meetings, arranges for the safekeeping of these records, and provides access to any member on the basis of a reasonable request.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Elected to serve four (4)-year terms.
- Member of the Leadership Team.
- Serves as primary communicator to the Team in regard to meetings, and distributes the agenda and supporting documents.
- Participates in meetings of the Team and takes minutes of meetings and all actions of the Team.
- Sends email action items to the Team for consideration and approval, and prepares minutes of email actions for Team ratification at the next Team meeting.
- Attends business meetings of the Church and takes minutes.
- Provides minutes of church business meetings for the Book of Reports, which is prepared for the annual business meeting in November of each year.
- Signs corporate documents and applies the corporate seal as necessary.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity.
- Have a good reputation within and outside the Church.
- Be a member of the Church for at least two years.
- Practice tithing.
- Be an active member of a Church Community Group.
- Participate regularly in corporate worship.
- Demonstrate service to the Church.
- Approximately five Team meetings in a calendar year, each at two to three hours in length and the annual and special-called business meetings. (Additional meetings may be scheduled.)
- Preparation of minutes for review – approximately 30 minutes to one hour per each meeting and occasional times to sign corporate documents as needed.